SQL Anywhere 9 ODBC connection issue
kemy
2011-05-25 21:09:40 UTC
Just upgraded from Windows 2003 (32 bit) to Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit).
Also sql anywhere 9.0.2 was upgraded from 32 bit version to the 64 bit
version. After this change, I tried to setup a ODBC connection. I get
errored out as "Database Server Not Found". I know I am providing the
right server and user credentials necessary to connect.

DataSource Name:MyDB_Test
User:dba
Password:sql
Server:MyServer
DatabaseName:asademo

Any help on how to tackle this would be great.

Thanks!
kemy
2011-06-01 18:49:21 UTC
When I try to connect to the server from my local machine, I get the
following error message

[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Connection error: Found
server but communication error occurred

Error code=-832

SQL state=08001

Connection parameters:

User=dba

Password=***

LINKS=all

DBN=test

Any help? Has anyone had a similar issue before