ASA 9 rebuild database
ontsnapt
2008-11-28 12:31:25 UTC
ASA 9.0.2.3702

To rebuild a database we first unload it with dbunload. Then we reload
it with dbisqlc.exe

We now received a backup from a german client (we are located in the
Netherlands). Unloading works well, reloading fails. Changing the char Ü
in U solves the problem.

What can I try to solve this problem?

Thanks
Eric
Stephen Rice [Sybase]
2008-11-28 12:43:14 UTC
Ahh, nasty character set issues...You should review the documentation on
character sets, collations and conversions. "ASA Database Administration
Guide > International Languages and Character Sets". Strange results will
be seen if you get things slightly askew

Quick thought ..does the database you are reloading into have the same
collation sequence as the source database?
--
/steve
Stephen Rice, Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
iAnywhere Docs : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
-> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
-> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
Eric
ontsnapt
2008-11-28 14:04:45 UTC
No, converting to ASA9 UTF8 from ASA7 Latin1252.

I must have missed something because we did this conversion for
databases with Russian characters without problems.

Thanks
Eric
ontsnapt
2008-11-28 14:20:09 UTC
Thanks,

Reviewed the documention you referted to and noticed that we forgot the
-ix option. This solved the problem.

Eric
d***@gmail.com
2019-03-21 21:29:40 UTC
Post by ontsnapt
ASA 9.0.2.3702
To rebuild a database we first unload it with dbunload. Then we reload
it with dbisqlc.exe
We now received a backup from a german client (we are located in the
Netherlands). Unloading works well, reloading fails. Changing the char Ü
in U solves the problem.
What can I try to solve this problem?
Thanks
Eric
Login procedure 'sp_login_environment' caused SQLSTATE '52W09' Procedure 'sp_login_environment'
who can assit me we are getting this error in our quickbooks point of sale 2013 server