Sybase 7.0.4 becomes unresponsive yet system ok
Greg Fricke
2012-02-20 13:48:05 UTC
We have our corporate application running using a Sybase 7.0.4
backend. Randomly the sybase db becomes unresponsive, causing any
connected clients to just hang, since they cannot communicate with the
database. There is no error anywhere in the event logs, the server is
perfectly fine outside of this. The connections aren't broken from
the clients, just unresponsive leaving our application in a precarious
state.

I know this isn't too much to go on but does anyone have any idea what
could be going on? Is there any logging anywhere that might give some
insight into what is going on?
Stoyan
2012-02-28 14:51:03 UTC
We have simmilar problem.. we have about 70 users using the database
and the size of it is about 8GB all seem fine on the server but all
goes slow and operaitons take 5mins to execute.
The application is developped 4-5 years ago and we have been fixing
those slow problems by just rebuilding database and defragmenting it.
At this point however it is not possible to make it work normal.
My question is:
What is the known maximum capacity for ASA 7.04 in terms of users and
database size?