Upgrade SQL Anywhere 7 to OEM SQL Anywhere 12
Fai
2010-12-20 18:35:24 UTC
Hi Experts,

I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 7 TO OEM SQL Anywhere 12. The SQL
Anywhere 7 database is a non-authenticated database. I am using the
‘Unload’ wizard in SQL Anywhere 12’s Sybase Central. I am choosing
the option ‘Unload and reload into a new database.’

The wizard unloads procedures and triggers. After creating the new
database, I get a ‘ SQL error: Authentication violation. An error
occurred while attempting to unload the database Olddb.db’ message.

I am using Sybase Central 6.1.0.6403. SQL Anywhere 12 12.0.0.2601.

How can I upgrade a non-authenticated SQL Anywhere 7 database with OEM
version of SQL Anywhere 12?
Fai
2010-12-20 23:37:12 UTC
Post by Fai
Hi Experts,
I am upgrading from SQL Anywhere 7 TO OEM SQL Anywhere 12.  The SQL
Anywhere 7 database is a non-authenticated database.  I am using the
‘Unload’ wizard in SQL Anywhere 12’s Sybase Central.  I am choosing
the option ‘Unload and reload into a new database.’
The wizard unloads procedures and triggers.  After creating the new
database, I get a ‘ SQL error:  Authentication violation.  An error
occurred while attempting to unload the database Olddb.db’ message.
I am using Sybase Central 6.1.0.6403.  SQL Anywhere 12  12.0.0.2601.
How can I upgrade a non-authenticated SQL Anywhere 7 database with OEM
version of SQL Anywhere 12?
I found the solution in the thread titled: Upgrading from SQL Anywhere
8 to SQL Anywhere 11 Options.

Thanks
Fai